The Connemara Hostel
**** 2023 Update ****
The Connemara Hostel is open for Private Book-Out and for indvidual bookings (some weekends) through out Summer 2023
Full availability an be found on our website Sleepzone.ie
We have camping space availablie for a small number of tents on walk in basis only.
Please be advised we dont accept Camper Vans/Mobile homes
* * * HOSTEL BOOK-OUT OFFER * * *
Located on the banks of Killary Fjord surrounded by beautiful views of Connemara. The hostel makes the perfect location for a family / group getaway and a great base for exploring the area.
• 12 private ensuite rooms (up to 35 beds in doubles, twins, 5-bed family rooms)
• Fully equipped self catering kitchen
• Dining room, lounge and common rooms with spectacular views
• Large garden with camping areas
• On-Site car park
To secure your reservation we require a deposit paid on booking for the balance of the first night's stay (or a 50% deposit, depending on length of stay), and the outstanding balance paid 1 month prior to arrival. Your reservation may be cancelled and is not confirmed until payment has been received. Please note that all payments are non-refundable.
A refundable security deposit will be required on the day of arrival of €1,000. This is held as a pre-authorization on a credit card to cover any damages or excessive noise caused at night that may disturb the neighbours etc
• No smoking and no consumption of illegal substances on the premises.
• Noise at night must be kept to an absolute minimum – this means no loud music / partying.To avoid disruption to the neighbours, guests should not use the outside areas after 11pm.
• No access is allowed to areas of the property not booked, such as the other accommodation wing, or private areas such as behind Reception desk, or the neighbouring property / grounds.
• Please leave the building in a reasonable level of cleanliness, please put rubbish in bins provided. No food to be consumed in the bedrooms, please use the dining room.
• No un-authorized extra guests in the property
• In the kitchen please ensure that you wash, dry and store all utensils used after use. No removal of kitchen equipment and/or utensils from the kitchen.
• No tampering with fire and safety equipment.
• Checkout time is 10am.
• Any damages caused by your group to hostel property will be chargeable. This includes soiled bedding and carpets.
The Connemara Hostel is the perfect base for outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, families looking for value for money, or anyone just looking to relax and enjoy the breathtaking Connemara landscape.Our Facilities:
include en suite rooms, complimentary tea/coffee all day, excellent self-catering kitchen facilities, relaxing lounges with breathtaking mountain and sea views of Mweelrea mountain and The Killary - Ireland's only fjord; outdoor barbeque facilities, camping area and much more.Walking in Connemara, Outdoor Activities in Connemara:
The Killary Harbour Walk
and Leenane Hill are right on our doorstep. We have maps and details of these and all other nearby walks. Connemara National Park is about 15 mins. drive.
We're adjacent to the Killary Adventure Company where you can get discounts for a range of activities including kayaking, bunjee-jumping, high ropes, climbing wall - and bike rental.
Great base for participants in some of Connemara's best known events
including the Connemarathon, Gaelforce West, Connemara Adventure Challenge, The Turf Warrior Challenges, Leenane Hill Walking Festival, Connemara Mussel Festival, Connemara Rough Diamond, Connemara Sea Week, Connemara Bog week, Leenane Autumn Festival, and many many more.
Within 10-15 minutes drive of some of Connemara's best attractions - including the very beautiful beaches at Glassilaun and Lettergesh , passing by Lough Fee where Oscar Wilde summered in the 1870s. Just 10 mins drive from Scubadive West.
Great base for some of Ireland's best scenic drives - the N59 from Galway to Westport; Doolough, Renvyle Peninsula, Sky Road, The Connemara Loop and The Wild Atlantic Way.Relaxing:
Sit and read near the warm stoves in our relaxing lounges, choosing from an extensive library of DVDS, great selection of books of Irish interest, travel books, novels and much more ....
If you simply want to relax an unwind then the location of The Connemara Hostel and the serenity of its beautiful surroundings are an attraction in themselves.
We offer a mixture of room types to cater for everyone, from private single, twin and triple rooms, to large private and shared dormitories from 4 - 6 bed rooms. All our rooms are en suite.
Our Family Rooms contain 1 double bed and from 1 to 3 single beds - so can comfortably accommodate 2 adults with up to 5 children depending on room size booked. e.g a 4-bed family room has one Double and three Single Beds so can sleep a family of 5 etc. All Family Rooms have a private bathroom.
If you don't have a car:
Bus Eireann operate daily services between Clifden & Westport stopping as "Salruck Cross". This is a 1km Walk down to the Hostel. See: Bus Eireann
for more details.
Remember this property is quite isolated. While we have vending machines that sell drinks and snacks, if planning on preparing meals yourself it is advisable to bring food with you, rather than having to drive or walk a few miles to buy groceries.
Photograph of Sunset over Killary copyright 2016 Lenaick Calohard used by permission.