About Sleepzone Galway City
Friendly, clean, safe and central with great facilities – and always great value for money.
Light breakfast included along with free internet and Wi-Fi enabled rooms and free tea and coffee all day.
Galway Tour Company leaves from the hostel every morning for tours of Connemara (incl. Kylemore Abbey) and The Burren
(incl. Cliffs of Moher) - and drops you back to our door.
We have the best facilities
by far of any hostel in Galway:
- Almost all rooms (incl. dorms) are en suite with own private bathroom, and there are extra bathroom facilities on each corridor.
- We've a huge, newly re-fitted and fully-equipped self-catering kitchen and dining area, plus our great TV lounge with HD TV and a huge selection of DVDs.
- We also have smaller reading lounges with extensive libraries of travel books, books of Irish interest and other subjects.
- We provide complimentary self-service tea/coffee and toasts every morning.
- Our self-service laundry room features coin laundry, ironing and other services.
- We offer free internet (with several terminals) and free Wi-Fi plus international power sockets for those with their own laptops.
We’re located right in the centre of Galway
– but not in the noisiest part. All the action is around the corner – but it’s not outside our front door. We’re just 100 metres from Eyre Square and three minutes’ walk from the two main bus and train depots.
Sleepzone is the best-located hostel for NUIG, cinemas and shopping, Black Box venue, Town Hall Theatre and most of Galway’s best attractions.
Not only are we a great base for Galway – but we’re also great base for the wider West of Ireland: our partners offer discounted tours to The Cliffs of Moher, Connemara and the Aran Islands. They go every morning with pick-up and drop-off at our front door.
Our tour partners also offer jump-off/jump-on facility with our sister hostels in Connemara
and The Burren
, should you decide that you want to stay overnight in these locations.
Our staff are a mix of local and backpacker staff and they can give you the best of local and touristic perspectives on what’s on in the city and what to do and where to go in the West of Ireland .
Our staff have insider knowledge which they can customise to your requirements; whether you’re looking for a crazy pub or a cosy pub, some Irish music or theatre, a comedy show – or some historical or cultural information.
We have our own customized maps of Galway
and the west of Ireland showing all places of interest – and our own recommendations.
Come and see for yourselves why Sleepzone Galway City has been consistently voted one of Ireland and Europe's (and in 2013 the World's !) leading hostels for over ten years